Monday, March 28, 2016

Setups

Down day for me. Played some setups that didn't work out. Made a few mistakes, but didn't make egregious mistakes with position sizing or anything like that.

Obviously didn't end up buying $CPXX or $VCEL. Don't like buying into weakness, and these breakaway gap stocks usually have such high RSI that they tend to reverse after a week or two. They do eventually become good buys in the washout though. See $ERII for what I mean. $ELMD should do the same.

I didn't have shares available to short $CBDS. Missed the short in $VCEL even though I was watching it, I should have had a stronger short bias -- that was the trade to make today. With today's weakness in $CBIS and $CBDS, I have a short bias for the parabolic move in $TRTC tomorrow. Looking to put on a starter short in a gap down or green/red move, and then add into any pops that are lower highs. I can actually get shares to short of it. If instead it spikes, I know what to look for there too.

Still watching oil stocks for a bigger bounce to get short in.

My decorrelated long plays are $SPIL, $YRD, $TRXC

With $TRXC I am looking for the stock to hold 4.50, which it has had problems doing. If it holds 4.50, my bias is for the stock to have a wide range day to the upside assuming the market is not weak that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment