Monday, March 14, 2016

Bios In-Play

I got a bit too excited on Friday morning and bought $X off the open without waiting and observing the price action. I was up a couple grand at one point, but I noticed $AKS was selling off... next thing I know, someone sells a huge block of shares and crushes the stock 70 cents lower. Dumped everything out for a small loss. Luckily my Thursday afternoon cheat buy was able to bring down my average cost and keep my overall loss minimal. I think I lost around $300 overall, which is pretty good considering how much size I had on.

I got a little too excited because the volume bars in the first 10-15 minutes were insane. I definitely thought it would be a big volume day,

I'll probably wait the extra 3-5 minutes off the open from now on rather than get in at the open. The hot-rolled decision will probably be a catalyst tomorrow, but I'll settle for a smaller, more predictable profit by waiting for $AKS to be above $4.20 to confirm the move.

I had a decent up day today playing a couple earnings winners in $DDD and $KNDI. Missed the move in $ZYNE though since the volume was still a bit low in that morning consolidation. Will definitely be watching it tomorrow to see if the volume is there.

$CPXX is on my watchlist. Big move in the afterhours on the back of the unexpectedly great phase III results. It's a low float stock, so it could really move tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment