Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Some Updates

OK, updates. Still holding $YRD. Still love the stock and think it will be trading over 50 in twelve months. I have prepared myself mentally to pyramid on the way up with smaller and smaller add sizes. Earnings is coming up on the 4th. The stock could ramp into earnings or breakout on earnings. Safest play for a new entry is to wait until earnings come out.

What I love about the stock: explosive earnings and revenue growth, low float (7M shares), low valuation (600M market cap), and good sector (fintech - see $SQ also setting up). This is a stock that the CANSLIM crowd should just eat up.


I was right on the broad-based commodities move. It's being driven by a weakening dollar and all the basic materials stocks have been moving higher. I expect them to continue to move higher over the next year or two.

However, I was wrong on steel being the commodity of choice for participating in the move. All of the relative strength has been in gold and silver. I think silver stocks are better since the gold/silver ratio is out-of-whack from historical standards, but any of the gold/silver stocks should do well. My picks are $EXK, $FSM, and $AG.

I am also avoiding oil stocks now. They will continue moving higher along with the price of oil, but I would place them nearer to the bottom of the relative strength rankings. Some of the oil stocks will still go bankrupt or struggle even if oil goes higher. The market is pricing those in since those stocks are not rallying. See $NADL as an example.

In short, lots of gains to be made in gold/silver names going forward. Or gold/silver futures if you are especially bold.



No comments:

Post a Comment